Friday, April 12, 2013

Smokey Blue Prom Look

         Prom has come around once more, and many of you are going to go to one. This look can be customized with any colour to match your outfit.


Let's get started!

Gear for today!

-Coastal Scents 88 Palette
-NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
-E.L.F. Primer
-Perfect Ten Color Palette
-Clinique High Impact Mascara




Start with a white base so that your eyeshadow will stay on all night, and so that you don't look like a zombie after prom when you go "after-partying" with your date or friends if you are forever alone.


                                                               Add a light wash of blue.


Using a slightly darker shade, apply it to the outer third of your eye.


With a deep purple, create or intensify your crease for a more cut-crease look.


Next, with black eyeshadow, layer it over the deep purple to darken the eye. Applying the dark purple first ensures that the black will not look as flat.


To add more shimmer, apply a glittery blue over the inner third of your eye to make them pop.
Balance out your eyes by lining your waterline and lower lashline with black and violet.


Lightly line your lashline. I say lightly because the eyeshadow makes your eyes look dramatic already, don't overpower your look with dramatic eyeliner.


Pop on some mascara, touch up your eyebrows, and you're done!

~

After I had applied my makeup, Esa curled my hair with an InStyler Rotating Iron. Unfortunately, I only got waves, but they looked amazing! Props to you Esa.
Even though I wasn't going to prom, I wanted to get into the prom feel, so I had Esa help style me haha.





Fake prom photos 

(A.K.A I didn't want to take pictures but mum made me)





Nat


















No comments:

Post a Comment