Sunday, July 14, 2013

Splatter Painted Shoes!!

Splatter Painted Shoes!

D.I.Y.

If you have a pair of white (or perhaps another solid color?) shoes that aren't looking so great anymore, it's a fun and easy project!

I used white canvas shoes (which seemed to work quite well!). I had actually gotten some paint on them when I was helping some 6-8 year olds do Jackson Pollack inspired paintings. And I decided to embrace the splatters that ended up on my shoes!

So here's the before shot...



Notice that I removed the laces and stuffed them with tissue paper in preparation!

Splatter paint time! Now, I used acrylic paint (which I watered down). To apply I used sticks (disposable chopsticks and paintbrushes that the bristles fell off of), dipped them in the diluted paint, and flicked, flailed, and waved them about in the general direction of the shoes. Also, I took it one color at a time, then went back with each color!

Done splatter painting!!!



When they are dry clean up the soles and put the laces back in (if applicable) and voila!

 

They're done :)

...And ready to wear!!!

  

I wore my splatter painted shoes for the first time today (I did this project on Saturday) and I've already gotten multiple compliments on them!

Enjoy the week!

XOXO

~Esa 

No comments:

Post a Comment